IoT on #oow17 and in my life

by Maurik-Jan Veenman on October 3, 2017 · 92 comments

Last Sunday I attended an interesting session at Oracle OpenWord. It was a session about how Federal Express, an American company who delivers parcels, used the electronics in cars that monitor tyre pressure, a lot of parameters from the engine and the gps of the car to collect huge amounts of data. With this data they could coach drivers to drive more fluently to save fuel and prevent excessive engine and tyre wear. They saved money because they optimized routes and minimized the time of cars running idle. They could also inform the customer exactly when the parcel would arrive, because they could see live how well the trip is going (deviations or accidents and a very lucky drive were all noticed and used to update the estimated time of arrival.

I thought it was an inspiring session, because they used what is already there (the car electronics, a database), and combine it with a small device that sends all this information via the phone data network to the organization. Then they add clever analytics software and they are much more in control, and can use and maintain their equipment much more efficiently. In the past there was a little buffer taken for many things, now that is no longer necessary, because they can see exactly when, for instance, the tyres of the car need to be resurfaced, because one can see the exact mileage.

The next day Mark Hurd was talking about predictions he had made, and proving that they were right. One of them was that much more devices in our lives will be connected with each other to make our life easier. Until now I had the idea that all these things were not going as fast as he had predicted them.

But suddenly I realized that even in my own life a lot of things are being combined with each other to comfort my life: if I start up my Blu-ray player, my TV is automatically started, my ‘toon’ (smart thermostat and domotica controller) measures how much power I use and tells that to the power company, so that I don’t have to fill in a end-of-year measurement manually anymore. If I step into my car, my phone is automatically connected, and the app ‘flitsmeister’ is automatically started because it detects that the phone connects to my car. If I Google a restaurant on my phone, I can let google maps guide me to there, if I hear a good song, I can let Shazam listen to it, and find the song’s title for me. When I booked Oracle OpenWorld with my credit card, the bank called me to check if that was a normal, wanted transaction.

These are all examples of clever use of things that are there like phones and what’s in them, databases, the data network, the data itself and analytic software to help us make our lives better. I love it, and I am proud to be a part of the industry that makes this happen!

IoT on #oow17 and in my life, 5.0 out of 5 based on 1 rating
Ratings:
VN:D [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 5.0/5 (1 vote cast)

{ 92 comments… read them below or add one }

QuickBooks support phone number June 25, 2019 at 11:57 am

Very nice!!! This is really good blog information thanks for sharing. We are a reliable third party Quickbooks support phone number company, offering technical support for various types of technical errors. Visit Website here:- https://www.quickbooksphonenumber.com/

Digital Marketing Institute in Delhi July 6, 2019 at 12:09 pm

BECOME A DIGITAL MARKETING
EXPERT WITH US
COIM offers professional Digital Marketing Course Training in Delhi to help you for job and your business on the path to success.
+91-9717 419 413

Delta Airlines Reservations Number July 6, 2019 at 12:10 pm

Delta Airlines Customer Service Number for :
+1 (888) 262-3763
Delta Airline Reservatations
Airline Booking
PNR Change
Online Delta Ticket Booking
Delta Customer Care
Best phone number to reach Delta
Airline VIP Lounge
Delta Celebrity Reservation

24 hours, 7 days
Delta customer service number .
Get in touch with Delta’s customer service department through the following phone numbers,email and contact form.
For more information about reservations, technical support, cargo department,
lost baggage and medallion status, please call the numbers listed Above.

pogo games support phone number July 13, 2019 at 8:24 am

Reach out to Pogo Phone Support Or Pogo Live chat Service.
pogo games support phone number

Avast Renewal July 22, 2019 at 7:13 am

If you face any problem related to Avast Renewal issue contact Avast Customer Support Phone Number, they provide the best service to their customer and give quick response.

Dell Support July 22, 2019 at 7:14 am

We are an independent third party Dell support provider for Dell users suffering from serious technical threats. We provide unlimited technical support services and solutions for Dell users in very affordable rates. Our Dell Support Number team is ready to help you for any issue.

Microsoft Support Phone Number July 24, 2019 at 9:27 am

Hi! I am Thilde Carlsson, accessible all day and night to offer my assistance to the needy ones who are encountering issues related to their Microsoft. So, when on earth, you experience something wrong with your Microsoft product then you can dial Microsoft Support Phone Number at anytime to make contact with me. Here, you will get the appropriate solution for your complete issues in an efficient manner.
Contact Number: +1-888-502-0222

assignment help sharjah July 25, 2019 at 1:15 pm

Excellent post. This article is very helpful for people and also for me. I get some useful knowledge in this post. Thanks for sharing the informative topic, by the way.

under eye wrinkles home remedy July 30, 2019 at 11:25 am

Natural and over-the-counter remedies can be somewhat helpful for reducing the
under eye wrinkles home remedy

Assignment Help August 2, 2019 at 7:09 am

Thanks for updating the post! Your post has shared all essential information of Assignment Help very clearly. Students should opt for online assignment writing services in order to save their time. For more details regarding the best academic writing, connect with customer care services of greatassignmenthelp

Accounting assignment help australia August 3, 2019 at 11:01 am

Accounting is the branch of commerce that deals with the study of consumption, distribution and production of goods and services. It is the research and idea of the path in which business, money and industry are organized. Hire accounting assignment help Australia services with the help of our top experts. Book Now!

tokeny August 8, 2019 at 7:17 am

Excellent and decent post. I found this much informative, as to what I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep on sharing with us

buy economics assignment August 21, 2019 at 12:42 pm

Nice Post! Avail the best Economics assignment writing service in town and observe significant changes in your mark sheet. Visit MyAssignmenthelp.com and place an order today.

Nike swot Analysis August 22, 2019 at 11:33 am

Statistics is one of the most difficult subjects that are taught in the colleges and universities, and if you don’t particularly enjoy collection and analysis of data, you may have a difficult time coping with the academic pressure. Like any other field of academics, you also need to draft a number of statistics assignment help throughout the semester, and since they carry a significant amount of marks, there’s no way to avoid these daunting tasks.
Work on enhancing your resume before everything else. You can start by performing an assessment of your CV, which might provide you with a clear idea of where you should focus your efforts before moving on to pursue an MBA. You can also check out various buy assignment companies for valuable insights when you need help with doing your assignment.

Assignment Help August 24, 2019 at 5:58 am

Assignment Help is the great solution for all those students who need help for completing their homework. If you need expert help for your work, browse the website of greatassignmenthelp or talk with the academic expert for more clarification.

Outlook Support Phone Number August 25, 2019 at 4:58 am

Nice Blog, I have get enough information from your blog and I appreciate your way of writing.
Thanks for everything and dial our Outlook support phone number for technical support and information of Outlook.

Assignment Help August 26, 2019 at 7:57 am

I suggest everyone to choose Assignment Help Australia for getting the best guidance in their academia. The proficient experts assist as per the requirements and learning styles desired by the university.

idealassignmenthelp August 30, 2019 at 9:06 am

A very high level post with a knowledgeable information .thanks you for giving me such a nice information. If you need any college level Assignment Help at reliable quality with better work. Kindly visit Ideal assignment help.

Java Assignment Help August 31, 2019 at 11:02 am

I loved the article, keep updating interesting articles. I will be a regular reader… I am offering assignment help to students over the globe at a low price.

JavaAssignmentHelp August 31, 2019 at 11:05 am

Programming Assignment Help August 31, 2019 at 11:08 am

I found this one pretty fascinating, and you should go into my collection also. We provide Assignment help services all over the world. I am Impressed with your article. We appreciate that please keep writing more content.

Java Homework Help August 31, 2019 at 11:10 am

Thanks for sharing this information. I have shared this link with others keep posting such information to provide best in class assignment help online at very affordable prices.

Java Programming Assignment Help August 31, 2019 at 11:12 am

Python Vs Java August 31, 2019 at 11:14 am

R Vs Python August 31, 2019 at 11:19 am

statanalytica August 31, 2019 at 11:24 am

Statistics Homework Help August 31, 2019 at 11:34 am

Many of the people are depressed about the problems of essay writing. Well, don’t worry about that because we are providing this service at a very reasonable price.

Essay writing Help August 31, 2019 at 11:42 am

Math Homework Help August 31, 2019 at 11:45 am

Chemistry Homework Help August 31, 2019 at 11:47 am

English Homework Help August 31, 2019 at 11:49 am

Best Digital Marketing Company in India August 31, 2019 at 11:50 am

Top Assignment Help August 31, 2019 at 11:59 am

Accounting Assignment Help August 31, 2019 at 12:03 pm

Accounting Homework Help August 31, 2019 at 12:05 pm

Programming Assignment Help August 31, 2019 at 12:06 pm

Programming Help Australia August 31, 2019 at 12:07 pm

Statistics assignment help August 31, 2019 at 12:10 pm

Java Assignment Help August 31, 2019 at 12:10 pm

MATLAB assignment help August 31, 2019 at 12:16 pm

Online Assignment Help September 2, 2019 at 3:38 pm

Sometimes you do not know how to write your homework, you have no idea about the subject and your grammar and punctuation are not good. AllAssignmentHelp.com, this will then be available to help write homework in a very easy way. Hire, USA’s homework assistants to get help with your homework.

Assignment Help September 5, 2019 at 9:26 am

After reading the above post, I found Assignment Help services effective and valuable. For any kind of information regarding academic writing, place your order at greatassignmenthelp and get your work at affordable price.

Online Assignment Help September 16, 2019 at 9:11 am

Get help from programming experts courses at cheap prices. Get help in all programming subjects. We provide Online Assignment Help with superior prices. Computer science areas of programming and other. We cover all the major topic in their relative requirement, you can get professional assistance with all your academic writing easily with Assignment writing service.

USA assignment help September 16, 2019 at 1:09 pm

Isn’t you able to complete your assignment on time? Don’t worry our professional assignment writers are available in the USA for giving you the best USA assignment help USA service at a very low-cost. You never need to worry about the quality of our work because we always gives good quality assignments to our clients.

chemistry assignment help online September 16, 2019 at 2:23 pm

Feeling stressed with doing your chemistry assignment? We offer chemistry assignment help in U.S. which is a specialized, multifaceted online support service to students. We give the service of writing any chemistry assignment at all academic levels.

Microsoft Office 365 Support September 17, 2019 at 8:18 am

First of all, I would like to show you gratitude for sharing your views with us. On my personal notes, I found it very helpful in order to resolve some of my issues. And the other problems I cleared with the professionals who are available on the given number of Office 365 Support. I also like to thank you that, you are doing a great job for helping the needy persons like me in their worst time.

Content Sea September 17, 2019 at 5:42 pm

Thanks for the sharing information with us. Check my link.

FreeJobAlert September 17, 2019 at 5:53 pm

Thanks for sharing information with us. Check my link.

Tubmake Apk September 17, 2019 at 5:54 pm

Thanks for the sharing information with us. Check my link.

Free Download Tubemate Apk September 17, 2019 at 5:56 pm

Thanks for the sharing information with us. Check my link.

Tubemate Apk Free Download September 17, 2019 at 5:57 pm

Thanks for sharing information with us. Check my link.

Jee Main 2020 September 17, 2019 at 5:58 pm

Thanks for the sharing information with us. Check my link.

Nirma University M. Tech September 17, 2019 at 6:00 pm

Thanks for the sharing information with us. Check my link.

JNU CEE M. Tech September 17, 2019 at 6:03 pm

Thanks for the sharing information with us. Check my link.

Status Masala September 17, 2019 at 6:04 pm

Check my link..

Breakup Shayari September 17, 2019 at 6:06 pm

Check my link.

Short Travel Quotes September 17, 2019 at 6:08 pm

Nice Topic for whatsapp..

Life Status For Whatsapp September 17, 2019 at 6:09 pm

Nice Status for whatsapp

Short Status For Whatsapp September 17, 2019 at 6:12 pm

Check my nice status topic.

Shayari On Life September 17, 2019 at 6:13 pm

Nice Topic

Anurag gothwal September 18, 2019 at 4:46 pm

Nice information.

harry parker September 19, 2019 at 8:27 am

QuickBooks error H202 pops up when you try to access QuickBooks in multi-user mode. This error infers that the multi-user connection to the server is jammed. This error code H202 message implies that the company file is on a different computer and QB needs some help connecting it.

Statistics Assignment Helper September 26, 2019 at 5:11 am

This is a nice post and thank you for sharing this type of article. I loved the article, keep updating interesting articles always. I am a regular reader… I am offering assignment help to students over the globe at a low price. https://www.statisticsassignmenthelper.com/

Singapore Translation Services October 5, 2019 at 9:51 am

If you are looking for research paper translation services in Singapore then you must get in touch with Singapore Translation Services.Singapore translators provide exact research paper translation in quick turn around. We have cautiously chosen for their subject familiarity and precise translation skill. We can assist you to convey your ideas precisely.

business assignment help October 11, 2019 at 11:25 am

GoAssignmentHelp provides assignment help for graduate students at a reasonable price. We supply the best assignment writing services to the college students and deliver original content which is free from plagiarism. So, students can achieve academic success with us.

programming assignment help October 11, 2019 at 11:35 am

If you are pursuing Programming in your higher studies, you must know the complications involved in the subject. Irrespective of the effort you put in to acquire a vivid idea, you are likely to face difficulties while drafting an assignment. With hundreds of students seeking programming help, the demand for online programming assignment help is increasing.

buy assignment help October 11, 2019 at 11:59 am

Allassignmenthelp.com with different subjects for students studying in colleges and universities across UK, USA, New Zealand, and Canada. We deliver top quality solutions for assignments in over 100 subjects with our best quality experts. Our tutors focus on providing step-by-step solutions to every assignment problem or write my assignment. If you want to buy assignment help go with our best expert, assignment writing service team across the country.

Mathematics Assignment Help October 11, 2019 at 1:21 pm

At Justquestionanswer.com experts are ready to provide you Mathematics Assignment help. The best team of masters and Ph.D. degree professionals that understand student’s demands and complete the task properly. Our experts of native writers from the USA.

world no 1 assignment help October 14, 2019 at 11:09 am

In most of the cases, students can’t find someone in their friends and families since they don’t have much knowledge and experience in academic writing. Here assignment help services providers play a major role and we are considered as world no 1 assignment help service provider.

sna level 6 assignment sample October 14, 2019 at 1:17 pm

The assignment writers of Ireland Assignment Help can solve your sna level 6 assignment sample problems. We present excellent services for CIM students. Our talented writers have made more than 10000 assignments and provided the best writing help. Contact our experts at http://www.IrelandAssignmentHelp.com

belkin router setup October 15, 2019 at 7:27 am

If you want to see the cool steps of configuring a belkin router, I must suggest you to visit

chemical engineering assignment help October 23, 2019 at 1:31 pm

With initiative to provide you low-cost price available assignment writing services, Go Assignment help gives you expert assistance for your project completion in a detailed and descriptive manner. Assignment writing services by our native writers. Secure your A+ Grade. We provide On-Time Delivery. Trusted assignment help Sydney service we provide.

QuickBooks Help Number October 24, 2019 at 12:09 pm

QuickBooks is designed and developed very perfectly to give user a better experience. You can easily manage accounting data like payroll and expenses with the help of QuickBooks. You can ask your query from experts via contacting at QuickBooks Help Number. This one is the reliable and easiest way to get in touch with experts.

coim October 25, 2019 at 11:40 am

This is Good. I really enjoyed your article. thanks for sharing.

kangraevents October 25, 2019 at 11:40 am

These are really helpful! keep written

Reset Mac Password with Apple ID October 31, 2019 at 6:59 am

Apple Mac is one of the famous devices of and mostly preferred by the user to complete their task. Sometimes user forget their Mac’s password and wonder here and there to get it but does not get any solution. You can Reset Mac Password with Apple ID by getting help from certified experts. Technicians will provide you the right solution without losing the important data.

courseworkhelp October 31, 2019 at 8:59 am

What a nice blog! I have enjoyed reading through the article although I landed on this site while I was looking for Research paper Writing. I will be visiting this site occasionally to read more interesting and intriguing articles. I hope the writer will continually keep us updated with new information.

super smash flash2 November 5, 2019 at 6:21 am

You are my everything
In the fate of falling like a star
Meet a person called you
In my stopped heart
Only one love

NZ Assignment Help November 5, 2019 at 8:07 am

Get the best Instant Assignment Help by Professionals. Our writers are ready for 24×7 for writing your assignment. NZ Assignment Help have 10+ years of experience in the field of assignment help. We have active customer support and our writers gives you well-researched content for your assignment. We maintain 100% privacy of your assignment help.

Assignment Help US November 5, 2019 at 8:10 am

AllAssignmentHelp.com having a great reputation among students, we deliver knowledge with full information. Our experts are pillars of our service. These writers are fully successful in their education that they strive hard to provide brilliant work on assignment writing.

vance vanse November 5, 2019 at 8:15 am

We provide unlimited apple phone support services for apple users in the most nominal charges. Our apple support experts are technically proficient for solving all common issues related to apple devices. Our support services are available round the clock to fix any issue easily.

Sam November 6, 2019 at 7:48 am

MyAssignmentHelp provides assignment help Australia in assignments to the students for their university assignment work.

PHP Assignment Help November 7, 2019 at 2:48 pm

Thanks for sharing valuable information about PHP Assignment Help. Using online writing services, students can score good grades in their project submission.

AKSHAY singh November 9, 2019 at 6:49 pm

Great blog, Thanks to share this amazing information with us, This blog is really interesting and also very helpful for us.
Thodi Jagah From Marjaavaan Song

Mobile app development company in mumbai November 11, 2019 at 7:56 am

Wonderful post, This article have helped greatly continue writing ..

SEO Services London November 12, 2019 at 8:12 am

Search engine optimization is a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the number of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine (SERP) — including Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines.

Sam November 12, 2019 at 12:43 pm

myassignmenthelp is the leading online assignment help service that have been successfully serving the students of australia from a couple of years now. our extraordinary writing experts cover a wide range of subjects and domains for the students of top-notch colleges and universities.

iPhone Repair Dubai November 12, 2019 at 1:36 pm

iPhone Repair Dubai is a certified iPhone Repair and service centre in Dubai dealing with all types of mobile phone services including iPhone screen replacement. visit for more information.

Sociology Research Paper Services November 12, 2019 at 3:23 pm

Look for congenial Sociology Custom Writing Services for all your Custom Sociology Paper Writing Help and Sociology Assignment Writing Services.

Printer Repair November 13, 2019 at 8:05 am

It is short for Internet of Things. The Internet of Things refers to the ever-growing network of physical objects that feature an IP address for internet connectivity, and the communication that occurs between these objects and other Internet-enabled devices and systems.

printer repair November 13, 2019 at 1:53 pm

The Internet of Things depicts the system of physical article things. that are inserted with sensors, programming, and different innovations to interface and trading information with different gadgets and frameworks over the web.

belkin router login page November 13, 2019 at 2:52 pm

facing some issues with your Belkin router and want to solve that problem, then you have read belkin router login page