As of march 29, SQL Developer 3.0 is available for download on OTN.
This release includes several new features including:
- Visual query builder
- Scheduling DBMS jobs using a graphical interface
- SQL Tuning advisor including a diff-tool to compare multiple explain plan / trace results
- Name based filtering in schema browser
- Oracle Data Modeler 3.0 is now fully integrated, so data models can now be designed from within SQL Developer.
Note: if youd didn’t know already, SQL Developer Datamodeler has been taken off the price list and is now regarded as a free “datanase option”, which means you have full support if you have a database licence.
- Increased PL/SQL support: additional templates based on PL/SQL and SQL syntax as wel as running and debugging ref-cursor procedures
No “known issues” list is provided yet, so you may need to spend some time checking the forums when runing into trouble.
Other than that, these new features make SQL Developer an invalueable asset and a great alternative for other well known commercial solutions.